Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Food, Simple Goodness... and a Couch Monster


Last night as I was looking through my cabinets and refrigerator for something to prepare for dinner I became less and less inspired. While there were a number of things that seemed like they'd be good, I really didn't have the energy to prepare them. It had been a long but good weekend. I just needed something simple. Simple I kept it. First I had edamame sprinkled with sea salt, whole wheat pita with roasted red pepper hummus (store bought) with a glass of sweet tea, no ice, just chilled. Oh so good. I was left feeling like I needed something else to top it off before settling into the night. A few slices of brie and some apple with honey accompanied by a glass of single malt scotch, neat. It couldn't have left me more content. Just as I was getting comfortable to continue reading Listening Point, a monster arose from the couch. He looked at me, I petted his head, he went back to sleep. I read for a little while then turned in for the night. It was a perfect way to end a weekend.