Monday, February 23, 2009

What happened? Oh yeah... Mardi Gras!

Yesterday, on a whim, I up and went to New Orleans with some friends for the Bacchus Parade and all the other festivities and shenanigans that ensue. Things certainly ensued. Though I don't remember them all here are a few tid-bits that took place in that oh so short 12 hours. 1. As I was peeing between some cars a woman across the street in her 3rd story apartment window yelled "Look out your window on Easter morning and you'll find me pissing on your lawn!" I just gave her a thumbs up. 2. seeing one of my co-workers and his friends dressed in purple tights with purple balloons attached (clusters of grapes) carrying boxes of Franzia. By the end of the night they were only wearing the tights. They gave all their balloons to the kids. 3. Whole Foods had a bottle opener at the customer service counter for their in and out patrons. 4. A, very clearly, Louisiana redneck told us that he was willing to go to jail for beads. We just walked away and let him continue to set a good example for his children. 5. That one girl who kept making out with everybody... Good for her.