Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ice Cream & Sustainability

This week has been a bit busier than usual, but a good one. I've got some new projects on my plate at work; I think they'll be quite fun and rewarding. I'm getting my house painted so I can close ont Monday. I was supposed to close tomorrow but weather delayed the painting process. I've caught the cold that half of the design studio has been toting around the past week or so... hopefully it will be short lived. Soup from Kim Long, my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, has proven to be soothing.

Then there was tonight. Some colleagues and I went to an Institute for Sustainable Communities gathering tonight in which the keynote speaker was Jerry of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. He is apparently on the ISC board. To tell you the truth, he really didn't seem to enthused about being in southern Mississippi. After he spoke he served us all ice cream. I had a little bit of it all. I don't think that was such a good idea.

I hope you are all doing well. Talk to you later. -rB